How to choose the Best Wedding Photographers in Northern Ireland for your wedding. You have just got engaged, you have chosen a date and venue, now you have the task of choosing your wedding photographer. I know what you are thinking, ‘where do I start?’. I am going to help you choose your wedding photographer with these helpful steps.
1) Choose your favourite style of Wedding Photography This may sound tricky since you haven’t been looking at wedding photography until now so let me break down some styles. - Traditional | Classic Style Wedding Photography - Photojournalistic | Candid & Documentary Style Wedding Photography - Fine Art | Relaxed & Creative Style Wedding Photography - Editorial | Contemporary & Posed Style Wedding Photography - Light & Airy | This look can be incorporated into the above styles - Dark & Moody | This look can be incorporated into the above styles
2) What is more important to you? When you receive your collection of professional wedding images, what will make you the happiest and ensure you fall in love with your wedding all over again? i) Images of mainly you and your partner. ii) Images of you, your family & friends and the venue. iii) Images that tell your wedding story from start to finish with every little bit covered. 3) Set your Wedding Photography Budget Have you got a budget for your whole day? If so, work out what portion you are willing to spend on each service. Remember, your wedding photographs are an investment and will be one of the only things you keep forever after your wedding. They will be adored for many, many years. Weddingsonline.ie, Ireland’s most popular wedding website have just announced the findings of their latest Irish wedding survey. The average spend on Wedding Photography is €1674 or £1525. Click here for survey results.
4) Where do I look for the Best Wedding Photographers? Thanks to social media and search engines, you now have so many ways to find the best Irish Wedding Photographers and view their work without leaving the comfort of your home. - Website/Blog | When you hop onto a photographer’s blog and view real weddings you will get a good feel for their style and personality. This is one of the best ways to view a good volume of their work and to see what your day could look like. Remember though, every wedding is different and unique in it’s own way.
- Instagram | On Instagram you can use hashtags to find photographers who have captured weddings at your venue, for example #lougheskecastle. You can also use hashtags like, #weddingphotographynorthernireland to find local photographers. You will see some of my images pop up at the top of this hashtag, woohoo!
- Facebook | Facebook can be used almost like a search engine with the added advantage that you can see if your friends follow/like a photographer. You can check out reviews as well as see their most recent work easily. - Referrals | If you have been to a friend’s wedding recently, they could give you great insider information on their day and their photographer. If they have an amazing experience with their photographer then you will undoubtedly have one too. 5) What do I do now? Using steps 1 to 4 you have narrowed down what type of wedding photography you wish to have so it is time to get in touch with the photographers. Most wedding photographer’s will have a contact form on their website, complete this with as much detail as you can and relax as they get back to you with their brochures and pricing guides.
6) Who do I choose? This is easy! Look through the brochures from the available photographers and there is a good chance one or two will stand out to you. Their personality and style will shine through and if their pricing is on par with your budget then you are on to a winner. Choose your package and secure your date with the photographer! Now you can sit back, relax and enjoy the planning process with another little/big thing ticked off the list. If this article helped you then please feel free to follow me on my socials and share this post. Thanks